The Commercial Airline Passenger Terminal is located at 7435 Zephyr Place NW, Concord, NC 28027.
Allegiant is the only airline currently providing flights at the airport.
Allegiant currently offers scheduled service to the following destinations:
- Orlando Sanford International Airport
- St. Pete–Clearwater International Airport (Tampa / St. Pete Florida area)
- Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport (South Florida area)
- Punta Gorda Airport (SW Florida, Ft. Myers & Naples areas)
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
- Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport
- Palm Beach International Airport (PBI)
- New Service to Sarasota / Bradenton Florida begins May 28,2021
Please visit the Allegiant website for full flight schedule times and other details www.allegiantair.com
What is Real ID?
The N.C. REAL ID will make it more convenient when you need to board a commercial airplane or visit a military base or other federal facility. Beginning in October 2021, federal agencies will enforce tougher security standards at airport check-ins. Without an N.C. REAL ID, you may still be able to board flights and enter federal facilities, but you will have to provide additional documentation with your traditional license or ID. You must also contact the Transportation Security Administration and other federal facilities about their required identification before each visit.-
It is important to keep a close watch on your baggage and carry-on items at all times. Do not leave bags unattended at any time. Do not accept articles from unknown person to carry onto aircraft. Maintain control of your carry-on items to prevent the introduction of dangerous items without your knowledge.
All bags are subject to search.
Report suspicious persons or activities to the nearest law enforcement or TSA officer.
Please Note: TSA has limited the items that may be carried through a screening checkpoint. Check with an airline agent or TSA website for further information.
If you smoke, be aware that there are no designated smoking areas inside the Airline Terminal Building or in the gate area beyond security. Local ordinance prohibits the use of tobacco products in all public buildings. Smoking (and use of smokeless products) is only permitted fifty (50) feet away from the building entrance on the curbside.
Please take this into consideration when you are at the airport. If you are beyond the security checkpoint and need to smoke, you will need to take your bags, personal items, and airline ticket and get an escort out of the gate area by and airline representative back to the public area. After you have smoked, you will then need to go back through the security checkpoint again before boarding your flight. Keep in mind that this will take additional time and lines may be long at the checkpoint.
Ground Transportation and Car Rental services are also available at Concord-Padgett Regional Airport.
Tickets are available for purchase by visiting the Allegiant website www.allegiantair.com, or calling the Allegiant reservations number 702-505-8888. There will also be a ticket desk open at the Concord-Padgett Regional Airport for walk up sales on a limited schedule.
REMINDER TO ALLEGIANT PASSENGERS THAT THEY NEED TO CHECK-IN AT LEAST TWO HOURS BEFORE THEIR FLIGHT AND BE IN THE GATE AREA AT TIME OF BOARDING. The ticket counter closes before the aircraft arrives so employees can assist in the boarding process which will begin shortly after arriving passengers deplane the aircraft.
The Parking at Concord-Padgett Regional Airport is located adjacent to the new commercial service terminal building at 7435 Zephyr Place NW, Concord, NC 28027 and can accommodate up to 700 vehicles on two levels. Parking rates are $12 per day on both levels effective July 1, 2020. Travelers are encouraged to get dropped off and picked up for their trip.
Please follow signs for parking when you arrive at the airport.
ALLEGIANT TRAVELERS should park in one of the two-long term levels of the parking garage. Those travelers with handicap needs should plan ahead and arrive early as there are limited spaces designated for handicap parking. Local Allegiant staff can provide assistance to travelers needing handicap accommodations if advised of the possible need a head of time.
Ground transportation services will be available at the airport, but should be arranged a head of time if at all possible.
ALLEGIANT TRAVEL ADVISORY INFORMATION
Occasionally, weather or other issues will prevent flights from operating as scheduled. In that event, Allegiant makes every effort to accommodate its passengers. Information is shared with customers in the following ways:
Travel Advisory Hotline (702.719.8111)
Travel Advisory Website Page allegiantair.com
Passengers will be contacted at the phone number and email address they provided at time of booking, and the travel advisory page on the Allegiant Website as well as our Travel Advisory Hotline (702.719.8111) will be updated once known.
TARMAC DELAY INFORMATION FOR AIRLINE PASSENGERS
In compliance with the 2009 DOT "Enhancing Airline Passenger Protections" rule and the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012, The Concord-Padgett Regional Airport has developed and submitted to DOT our "Tarmac Delay Contingency Plan" that outlines procedures and efforts to be made, working with airlines, if lengthy delays over 3 hours occur while passengers are on-board an air carrier aircraft at the airport. Both the Airport and Airline plans can be found below:
Concord-Padgett Regional Airport Tarmac Delay Contingency Plan
Allegiant Tarmac Delay Contingency Plan
Holiday Travel Tips:
- Check with your airline for updated flight information, as well as baggage size and weight rules. Additional fees could be applicable.
- Give yourself enough time to arrive at the airport early. Be prepared to spend at least an hour to park, check luggage, and process through the Security Checkpoint.
- The Allegiant ticket counter closes 45 minutes before departure. You will not be able to check your bags or get a boarding pass from the counter after that time, and may miss your flight.
- Save time by printing boarding passes at home or downloading the Allegiant mobile app.
- Remember the TSA 3-1-1 liquids rule. There is food, snacks, and drinks available from the “Eat Hear and Fly” concessionaire in the passenger gate area beyond the security checkpoint so you do not need to take bottled drinks through the checkpoint.
- Allegiant passenger boarding process usually closes 10 to 15 minutes before departure time so if you do not make it to the gate by that time, you may miss your flight.
- Follow Concord Regional’s Facebook page (/ConcordRegionalAirport) and Twitter feed (@ConcordAirprtNC) for the most up-to-date holiday information and additional travel tips.
Public Travel Advisory:
For latest advisories visit travel.state.gov