The City of Concord Internship Program provides ungraduate and graduate college students with a compensated professional work experience that integrates education, career development and public service.
Through a competitive application process, qualified students in a full range of academic majors, are selected for internships in various City departments. Internship positions are based on the needs of the department and are designed to provide substantive and career-relevant learning experiences. In addition to developing practical workplace skills in a variety of professional areas, interns are effectively introduced to career options with the City of Concord and in public service.
While municipal government service experience is a valuable outcome of this internship program, the program's primary focus is to provide opportunities for students to build career-enhancing and leadership skills while benefiting from the municipal government experience. The City of Concord Internship Program makes an important contribution to the quality of the workforce and citizenry in our area.
- Applicants must be attending an accredited college, university, law school, community college or technical institute.
- Applicants must carry a 2.5 or greater overall grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old by January 1st of the year in which the internship assignment will begin.
- Applicants must be continuing their education in the fall following their participation in the program.
- To qualify for a law internship, applicants must have completed at least one year of law school before the beginning of the internship, unless other majors are listed.
- Students having previously held paid internships with this program are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be willing and able to work for the entire internship assignment period.
- Applicants must be able to provide legal proof of identity and work authorization within three working days of employment.
Applications are only accepted for open internship positions. Available internship opportunites are listed under the City's Employment Opportunities page.
Contact the City of Concord Human Resources Department at 704-920-5100 or click here to email.